- Our Work
- Get Involved
CCGHE Welcomes 2015 Fogarty Scholars from India
L–R: Shilpa Naik, Amit Kale, Bob Bollinger (CCGHE Director), Rahul Lokhande, Vasudha Belgaumkar, Chhaya Valvi, Smita Deshpande, Andrea DeLuca (Fogarty Project Director), Ana Cervantes (CCGHE), Matt Williams (CCGHE)
Baltimore, MD—The Center for Clinical Global Health Education (CCGHE) is pleased to welcome to Johns Hopkins the 2015 Fogarty International Clinical Operational Health Research Training Awardees from India! Each year, scholars from around the world join Johns Hopkins students in Baltimore to attend the month-long Summer Epidemiology Program at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. This intensive program trains experienced scientists and clinicians in tuberculosis and HIV research.
Scholars from India attend the program with support from CCGHE’s Fogarty HIV-TB Training Program. This program is a five-year partnership with the Byname Jeejeebhoy Medical College in Puna, India, designed to establish a cadre of highly trained faculty to build institutional capacity for and lead HIV and tuberculosis research.
Welcome, 2015 Fogarty Scholars!
- Shilpa Naik, Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Amit Kale, Associate Professor, Orthopedics
- Rahul Lokhande, Associate Professor, Pulmonology
- Chhaya Valvi, Associate Professor, Pediatrics
- Smita Deshpande, Associate Professor, Microbiology
- Vasudha Belgaumkar, Associate Professor, Skin and VD