- Our Work
- Get Involved
Dr. Shilpa Naik
BJGMC-JHU Fogarty HIV-TB Program Trainee
I am working as an Associate Professor & Unit Incharge since 2009 in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at B.J.Govt Medical College & Sassoon General Hospitals Pune. I have been managing High Risk Obstetrics and has keen interest in Critical Care Obstetrics. I have participated as a Clinician in the prestigious SWEN study at BJMC in collaboration with JHU.As a guide & post graduate teacher I have done research in several topics like Postdated pregnancy& NST Interpretation, BMI in pregnancy & outcome, Ectopic pregnancy, Cardiac disease & PIH in pregnancy. I also completed ICMR STS Project by Undergraduate student in 2012--Study of cases of ‘near miss’ mortality in obstetric cases in a tertiary hospital. As per TB research I am currently working as a co-investigator in a TB Project-Impact of immune changes of pregnancy on Tuberculosis in collaboration with JHU
Honours & Awards:
- 1st at the MPSC INTERVIEW&EXAM for post of Associate Professor
- Presented “Savitrichya leki” award by Senior Citizen Group Bopodi in June 2009 & Received Trophy from the Dean B J Medical College on 26th Jan 2010 for outstanding patient care.
- First to Deliver a Talk on SWINE FLU IN PREGNANCY-at CME organized by POGS in dept of OBGY BJMC 21ST Aug 2009
- 1st prize to POSTER ON SWINE FLU-A MENACE at AMOGS State level Conference at Nashik Feb 2010 & 1st prize for case presentation in Safe Surgical conference by KEM on Balloon Tamponade a novel way for PPH management in Jan 2012.
- Given 2 interviews on National Television on Doordarshan Sahyadri Channel under NRHM (National rural Health mission) in programme “SWASTHA BHARAT” on topics
- 1)MENOPAUSE&2)PCOD in AUG2012&OCT 2012 respectively.