- Our Work
- Get Involved
RePORT India is a joint venture between the Indian and US governments. The Indo-US Vaccine Action Program, a collaboration between the Indian Department of Biotechnology (DBT), the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), and the US NIH, is co-funding six teams of India- and US-based investigators, to implement individual cohort studies of active and latent TB in India.
RePORT India is now the largest of six regional consortia comprising RePORT International– China, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, and South Africa are also undertaking multi-organizational tuberculosis (TB) research efforts. Each RePORT consortium is designed to support local, in-country, TB-specific data and specimen biorepositories and associated research. Taken together, the anticipated results include greater global clinical research capacity in high-burden settings and increased local access to quality data and specimens for members of each consortia and their domestic and international collaborators. Leveraging the data, specimens, infrastructure, and scientific partnerships established by RePORT India in Phase I, the consortium has now launched Phase II.
An Executive Committee led by Drs. Amita Gupta (Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA), Sonali Sarker (JIPMER, Puducherry, India), Padmini Salgame (Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA) and Vijaya Valluri (BMMRC, Hyderabad, India) provides leadership, governance, and guidance for the RePORT-India consortium. The consortium is also supported by a central bio-repository housed at the NIRT in Chennai, and a central data management center housed at the Society for Applied Studies-Centre for Health Research and Development in Delhi.
- Bhagawan Mahavir Medical Research Centre (BMMRC), Hyderabad, India
- BJGMC-JHU CRS, Pune, India
- Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College (BJGMC), Pune, India
- Boston University (BU), Boston Medical College (BMC), Boston, MA, USA
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, India
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, India
- Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Baltimore, MD, USA
- MV Diabetes Research Centre (MVDRC), Chennai, India
- National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT), Chennai, India
- National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT) – International Centers for Excellence in Research (ICER), Chennai, India
- PD Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai, India
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIMHS), Shillong, India
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI), Chandigarh, India
- Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, USA
- University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
- University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
University of Texas Health Science Center, Tyler (UTT), Tyler, TX, USA