- Our Work
- Get Involved
TREAT Asia: Pediatric HIV Observational Database
TREAT Asia Pediatric HIV Observational Database (TApHOD) is a collaborative observational cohort study of infants, children, and adolescents living with HIV. TApHOD study participants are enrolled and followed at selected TREAT Asia Network clinical sites in the Asia-Pacific region. Participating sites are selected based on the capacity to contribute data in an appropriate format and available resources.
- Examine HIV natural history, including relationships between access to ART and disease progression in pediatrics;
- Develop capacity for systematic and standardized pediatric HIV clinical data collection in countries of the Asia-Pacific region;
- Monitor pediatric ARV and prophylactic treatment as related to demographics and markers of HIV disease stage and progression;
- Monitor toxicity to ART in children and adolescents; and
- Assist in evaluation of new pediatric HIV treatments in the Asia-Pacific region.