- Our Work
- Get Involved
Field Study In India: Applying
Applications must be submitted no later than 9 weeks prior to anticipated departure.
STEP 1: DETERMINE WHAT TO WORK ON
Students who haven’t already entered into discussions with Hopkins faculty about research opportunities in India can learn more about ongoing Indo-JHU studies on the Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Global Health Education’s Website: https://main.ccghe.net/research-section. Review and narrow down 3-5 studies/projects that align with your interests.
STEP 2: DISCUSS YOUR SKILLS/INTERESTS
Email Ruth Harley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a 15 minute meeting to determine if there could be a good fit. The following information should be included in this initial email:
- Times that you are available for a meeting (in person, by phone, or by skype)
- Complete CV/Resume
- 3-5 studies/projects that align with your interests
- Where you would like to visit (Pune, Mumbai, or Chennai)
- Approximate timeline for visit
- Skills you are able to offer and hope to develop
Ruth will confirm if you should submit an application within 1 week of your meeting.
STEP 3: ASSEMBLE APPLICATION PACKET
The following items submitted together are considered a complete pre-visit application:
1. Letter of Interest (1 page)
- Academic/professional background
- Research areas of interest while in India or U.S.
- Title of study or studies that you hope to work on
- Whether you plan to seek your own IRB approvals for new data collection or if work will fall under an existing study. Note: We encourage students to propose work that falls under an existing projects. If a student is proposing a longer-term trip (6+ months), conducting a new project is possible.
- Draft scope of work (if available based on discussions with Hopkins staff/faculty)
- Proposed dates and duration of stay
- Specific aims of your visit and desired outcomes
2. Complete CV
STEP 4: SUBMIT APPLICATION
Center for Clinical Global Health Education
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Approval generally takes 1 week from submission.