Field Study In India: Funding Your Trip

CCGHE does not offer research or travel funding—most students come through other established field placement awards or scholarships, such as:

Johns Hopkins Global Health Established Field Placement Program.
Offered through the JHU Center for Global Health, the GHEFP program supports placement of Hopkins students in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) for a minimum 6-week research projects.
Learn more:


Johns Hopkins Paul S. Lietman Global Travel Grant for Residents & Fellows.
Offered through the JHU Center for Global Health, Lietman awards support travel expenses for residents and fellows for rotations in low- and middle-income countries.
Learn more:


Global Health Program for Fellows and Scholars, Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health.
The UJMT Fogarty Global Health Fellows Program mentioned above is one of 6 academic consortia that offers support to US researchers. Information about consortia serving students outside of Johns Hopkins can be found on the Fogarty website.
Learn more: