- Our Work
- Get Involved
Epidemiology and Clinical Outcomes of COVID-19 in India (ECO-19)
This study was terminated May 25, 2021
This is a prospective cohort study of adults with suspected COVID-19 to address key knowledge gaps in the epidemiology of disease severity and poor clinical outcomes in India. Results from this study may help clinicians in India focus limited health resources to the patients that may most benefit.
- Among adults with a clinical suspicion of COVID-19 in India we will:
- Determine which presenting clinical symptoms, signs, demographics and risk factors best distinguish patients with COVID-19 from patients without COVID-19.
- Identify the key risk-factors for severe COVID-19 disease, intubation and death.
- Develop a risk-score for management and triage of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Measure the degree of pulmonary impairment and risk of mortality in treated COVID-19 cases relative to COVID-19 negative controls.
- Determine the attack rate of COVID-19 disease among the household contacts of index patients with and without a diagnosis of COVID-19.
Determine the SARS-CoV-2 seroconversion rate among those with and without an initial confirmed diagnosis.